Thursday, November 8, 2007

autumn sunset

I've had a loooong day, and I'm going to bed, but first I wanted to check in here and relate my compliment of the day. We had a 4 year old visitor, adorable Leyla, and she was quite the talker. She said "excuse me, ..." before she said anything to me. The whole time I was with her, it was, "excuse me, is she putting on her own seat belt?" "excuse me, is this your street?" "excuse me, how far have we gone?" While #3 was throwing a tantrum I looked at Leyla and gave her a knowing smile and rolled my eyes to communicate that we would just have to tolerate it together and it would be over soon enough, and she says, "excuse me." "Yes?" I replied (as usual). "You're pretty."

It was the last thing I was expecting to hear and it made me feel quite well. I said, "Well! Thank you! You're pretty too, you know." and fluffed my hair and batted my eyes for her.

7 comments:

Kara said...

Cute, cute, cute. I loved this post!

Jeni said...

And when it comes from a 4 year old you KNOW it's true because they can't lie. Not until they're at least 5 or something.

Georgia said...

Very cute:)

My boys have figured out flattery now... If they want something they tell me I am the "most beautifullest mommy in the worldiverse". And really, how can you argue with that? Even when my 5 year old follows it up with, "You are even beautiful with all that fat on your tummy."

Paige said...

Maybe I shouldn't tell all the children who come over that they "AREN'T ALLOWED TO TALK TO THE MOMMY" unless it is an emergency. Perhaps they could say something nice instead of annoying. Guess I'll never know.

eBay said...

so funny Paige. It's true. Aren't kids supposed to come to play so moms can get something done? But this is a classic example of Brittany's unparalled kindness. And...I think you're pretty too Britt. Those eyes! And the hair? Too much. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Oooh but you are soo pretty. I am always commenting to my hubs on just how pretty I think you are. If I were a lesbian, you would be just my type. ha ha. No really, I think you're beautimus.

LC

p.s. weird comment I know, just read and laugh and get over it.

Courtney said...

I love kids who speak beyond their years. Ethan (Wendy's) is kind of like that too, in a different way. Very fun!