Monday, July 10, 2006

SPC : Me as...

DSC04141

This is me as a swim instructor. As a girl who has a lot on her mind as I play swim instructor and wonder when it became so hard to be in a good mood without trying really really hard. Maybe when I started having kids because they wake me up too early and we all stay grumpy for the rest of the day when no one has had enough sleep and someone is always crying or fighting or compaining on days like today and I loose my brain and keep writing run-on sentences until I finally realize that I need to go to bed and it's only 9:20.

Me as a grumpy swim instructor... who just went to Wal Mart to buy new goggles so the little swimmers would start swimming under water better and had to endure the crying and writhing of a two year old who makes going into any store a nightmare. (Just breath...)

Me... as a swim instructor.

(And maybe tomorrow will be a little better.)

for more self portraits, go here.

7 comments:

Abby said...

1. You look beautiful, even when grumpy (or maybe especially when grumpy?)
2. Good to know that even in your world with the perfect house and lawn and beautiful details and people you still get grumpy and irritated.

Tori said...

Aren't kids fun when trying to teach to swim? One minute they are jumping in and laughing, the next they act like they are terrified of the water...we are going through swim lessons right now also at our YMCA. Luckily I get to drop them off with the instructor and walk away...

MiandMiksmom said...

I totally understand every word of this post and I'm glad I'm not alone. I am grateful for a pool that is a mom/swim instructor's lifesaver.

Anonymous said...

I laugh everytime I read the line, "wonder when it became so hard to be in a good mood without trying really really hard." Dude - me too! I think it's because it's summer and the whole kid factor. There are just times when being a mom is such a drain. It's great and all, don't get me wrong, but you know what I mean (obviously, by the look on your face). I LOVE YOU!!!

Keep me laughing!

LC

Bedazzzled1 said...

Grumpy, eh? You do not look like it at all. And that's a compliment!

Nikki

boho girl said...

you crack me up.

you sure look adorable when you're grumpy.

;)

Susannah Conway said...

Having just spent the afternoon with my godchildren, and listened to their whines and 'it's not fair!'s i can sympathise. :-) I'm with Boho - you look adorable when you're grumpy x