Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sunday Scribblings: I would never write...

sepia collage

…something that intentionally offended someone. One thing that I’ve learned in my year of blogging is that you’re never quite sure who is reading. It can be easy to feel like it’s a private outlet; a journal of sorts, but the truth is that it’s more of an open forum. Most of the time people don’t comment and if you check the stat counter, it is very vague. So if I’m annoyed, my blog is not the place to let it out. If I’ve been offended and write about it leaving names out, you’d be surprised how many people come up to me and tell me they hope that it wasn’t something they did.

The reason I blog is because it is a creative outlet and a way to connect with people. I have revived old relationships, gained new friendships and strengthened bonds—all of which have fed me personally throughout the past year. It has helped me look at my days in a new way and see the beauty and the humor that is life. It has lightened my load and given me new insights in to others’ journeys. So although sometimes I really need to vent, most likely you won’t read about it here.

sunday scribblings

7 comments:

Colorsonmymind said...

I have to agree with you.

Sensitive people are a gift.

XOXO

Abby said...

So...are you saying you're annoyed with me? (ha ha ha)

Anonymous said...

You're a better woman than me. I find it easier to tell annonymous people exactly how I'm feeling instead of the ones that really need to hear it.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I NEVER get offended..... unless that is, you are talking about bleaching contact lens cases.....

:) - xoxo

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes!!

LC

Dallas and Krista said...

How did you do that pretty picture?

Unknown said...

K, call me and I'll tell you!