Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sunday Scribblings {Powerful}

Last week at Sunday Scribblings they posed the question: When in your life did you feel the most powerful? I read the prompt and then got busy and didn’t have time to write about it. Monday came and I thought maybe I’ll post it a little late…never happened (happens a lot lately). Because of traveling bloggers, there is no prompt this week, so I’m going to take the opportunity to write about last week’s promt.

As soon as I read that sentence, “When in your life did you feel the most powerful,” I knew the answer immediately, which surprized me since I had never contemplated it before.

I felt powerful as soon as I began to grasp, then understand, then know the concept that I am divine; that my soul is made from two parts: the body and the spirit.

I know that might sound simplistic or strange that something like that could make me feel powerful, but let me try to explain what it means to me. If I am made of two halves, and one of them is my spirit, then I am half divine, meaning God himself created my spirit. I am {half} offspring of GOD. What kind of potential does that give me? Unlimited.

Are you grasping that? Unlimited potential! That’s pretty powerful. I have within me the power to help others, to be forgiving, to gain infinate knowledge, to love boundlessly, to understand things that have no explanation, to have pure, simple faith that allows me to have a relationship with God, my Father through prayer and to communicate with Him spirit to spirit. I have the power to gain and improve talents indefinately, to become better in all my relationships—mother, wife, sister, daughter…I have the power to see beauty and know who to thank, to know where to go when I have a question and understand how to receive an answer. I have the potential to understand that I am not the only person who has this astounding piece within me; I can look around me and see the wieghty signifigance of each person and feel the strength of their power, or feel the sadness of loss when they can’t see their worth.

If the other half is human and we are taught that the natural man is an enemy to God, then, of course I have an inward battle. My potential depends on my behavior. That’s huge, but if I make my spirit the stronger half of my soul, then my potential is beyond my comprehension. That’s a powerful motivation, a powerful concept, powerful knowledge to posess.

10 comments:

Emma Jo said...

So beautifully put. Is this copyrighted? I am seriously going to copy/paste this in my church files because it is such a beautiful description of our divine potential. Thank you.

Jeni said...

Wow. I am so jealous of the ways in which you know how to express yourself. And I, too, am going to file this away and maybe even use it in an upcoming lesson I have to teach in R.S. on self worth and overcoming feelings of inadequacy. Thanks for your thoughts.

Tumblewords: said...

Superb. A post for everyone. It's the knowing that creates power.

Tori said...

Beautifully put Brit! You have an amazing talent with words. I, too, will file this away.

Love to you and yours!

Bob the Frog said...

your faith is powerful. thanks for sharing this beautiful description with us...

Wendy said...

That's awesome that you could immediately think of your answer cause I would've had to think about it for a bit. But what you said is very true and I appreciate your description of it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an amazing post! An inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

eBay said...

Amen sista!

Dini said...

You are one smart woman. I love this post!

jenica said...

makes me feel more powerful just reading this. thanks for the reminder. ;-D