Monday, November 5, 2007

Ode to Cosmo

IMG_2124

Black and white
grumpy old man
who never liked people much

You always liked the daddy.
(and rachel, too.)

Although you never came
when I called,
I appreciated your skills
at keeping the mice
population down.

You shared your domain
with other crazy cats
and a chicken
so you had a right
to complain, I suppose.
(but the hissing was a little much
I still must admit even though you’re gone.)

I didn’t expect to miss you
but I do.

IMG_0966

IMG_1925

9 comments:

Mindy said...

awww. peace and love to cosmo.

Left-handed Trees... said...

I have a cat named Sebastian who is just like this...will not even come inside the house anymore for no reason other than his personality and stubborn will. I worry about what will become of him when winter sets in. Sorry to hear about Cosmo.
Love,
D.

the wrath of khandrea said...

you know, i almost feel the same way as you do. "i didn't expect to miss you, but i do." i feel the "i didn't expect to miss you" part. but that's where the similarities end.
but my condolences on the loss of your feline friend.

the wrath of khandrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kara said...

Poor Cosmo. RIP good buddy.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, what did you guys do? I mean, what happened? I would miss my kitty so much if something happened - I can't even think about it.

LC

Celia Fae said...

When my cat died I cried for two days and I didn't even like it. Something about feeling responsible. I cured my crying by acquiring TWO new kitties. Don't do it.

Celia Fae said...

When my cat died I cried for two days and I didn't even like it. Something about feeling responsible. I cured my crying by acquiring TWO new kitties. Don't do it.

eBay said...

Meow meow, good kitty. Meow meow.