Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sunday Scribblings

Jake grew up in a lobster/clamming community with the best fried clams on the North Shore a mile down the street and lobster men selling lobster from their houses like pie stands on the side of the road. When he had earned a couple bucks, he would hop on his bike after school and ride down the street and buy himself a live lobster and ride home again and steam that baby up and have himself a nice after-school treat.

lobsta

Here, you can see his technique is still the same. Less is more (my kind of man). Here we are with Brooke and David over the summer enjoying a late-night lobster treat around the kitchen table.

6 comments:

Paige said...

That is so cool! No cheap, after school dime candy or cookies and milk for that kid!

Anonymous said...

I miss that cute kitchen! What a fun memory -

LC

Kara said...

ahhhhh...

Abby said...

Love the pic and the stlye o' it. I'm glad you like Pushing Daisies--I sat next to Lee Pace in a high school art class. True story. He was friendly as can be to everyone. I'm happy for him!

eBay said...

My mouth is watering... those were so good.

Unknown said...

I haven't had lobster in years.. those look sooo good!!
Oh, btw, my sister named her babies Van and Finn..and they're doing great!! :)