Monday, June 1, 2009

sickies and stuff

IMG_9740

I have little sickie people around me. It’s hard to be the mom of sickies. I find my blood pressure rising and having to take deep breaths. But this little family of mine gives me such a deep sense of joy and peace.

We just had family in town (kiss, kiss—we miss you already.) and my sweet daughter turned 10. (TEN!) It was a great week (although exhausting and emotional) and now I’m starting lots more projects around the house. The kids’ rooms need painting and organizing. I ‘m going to add another crib in the nursery (I’m hoping that will help with nap time) and make more fun stuff for that happy little room.

The babies are getting a schedule and sleeping more and better. Somehow the tiredness isn’t getting any better, though. They have started solid food and it cracks us all up to watch them eat. They are beginning to laugh and they keep us all entertained. The whole family gathers around them when they are awake to see what cuteness we can gather for the day.

I have committed to go to Squam Art Workshops this fall and can hardly wait! But I need to find a way to pay for it!! So if anyone needs any custom orders, now’s a good time:) I’ll be listing new items in my shop this week, so keep an eye out for gifts for friends and family. I have had several requests for prints of my paintings. (You guys are awesome!) That’s one of my biggest dreams—to paint and paint and paint {and sell my work!} So I’m trying to figure out the process of making prints and as soon as I have some, I’ll post them in my shop.

Happy Monday, people!

13 comments:

Rain in My Head said...

I had to laugh when I read your last post. I've been dying to email and ask how to get prints of your 2 bird posters but I felt bad what with you just having had babies etc. . .But now that I know others have asked, add me to the list!! :) loves, Mar

Kara said...

I big sigh of contentment arose when I first got on your blog. That picture is adorable! Sounds like you have a lot in the works...ambitious much?! tee hee

loony said...

I sooooo want a print of one of your paintings.... or maybe an actual painting!

Mindy said...

i want to hang up "muse" in my studio today :) can't wait! xo

Georgia said...

You mean... I get to MEET you?!?!?!

HOORAY!

Steph said...

I'm so happy you're going to Squam; I hope I get to see you again (I was part of the crew in your mini-van to Superhero's hike).

Your paintings are beautiful and so are your photos. The love that comes through here is palpable! :)

Chris said...

I would definetly buy some of your paintings....they are AMAZING!!

Wendy said...

What an adorable picture of Jake and one of the twins (not sure which one she is). I got your message and kept it cause is made me laugh - cake powder. I got the message the day we were going out of town so I couldn't call, but I'm back now and will call you tomorrow. love ya!

clairissa said...

That picture is precious. PRECIOUS! A hanger-upper for sure. And SQUAM = jealous.

Vanessa said...

Well you email me as soon as you put them up?! or give me a sneak peak so I can snag them first :)

eBay said...

k so since I quit blogging I havent been on in a while. I love your header! And I love the cute pictures. I read WAY down and got all caught up. I love you and can't wait to see you. It's gonna be awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful pictures. YOU are so blessed. I wish I could buy one of your prints...perhaps soon.....and, love the aprons.

Take care of all those babies.....

Amy said...

I'm so glad you'll be at Squam. I can't wait to get to know you better. In the meantime, I really enjoy your blog!