Thursday, July 23, 2009

6 months old!

six months old today
6 months old today: Jane & Eden

I meant to post about this yesterday, but I pooped out.

So today I will wish my babies a happy half birthday. It has been six fast months since they entered my world and altered it forever in their own sweet ways.

_MG_0587

Six months ago I had just met them “in real life” (and they were so different from each other.) Eden was very matter of fact (and loud when the doctors annoyed her) and Jane stared at me with these huge blinking eyes, taking me in until they took her from me (I still had work to do.) Six months ago this morning, I was yearning for them but I was on my “death bed” while they were up in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit). The awesome NICU nurses taught me to trust someone else with my babies. When I finally got up there (because I somehowconvinced them that I wouldn’t faint) I only lasted a few minutes but I took in the sight of their tiny bodies and recognized the sacrifices we had all made to have them here as part of our family, and I knew those sacrifices (and those yet to come) would be worth it.

_MG_0583
_MG_0559

Their bodies are not so tiny anymore, and their personalities are larger than life - no one can get enough of them! I have decided that doing it two at a time is more fun. I love watching their interactions with each other. There is twice as much love (how that is possible, I don’t know and I won’t question it, I’m just grateful for it) filling me to the brim. Yes, it’s crazy hard, but it’s crazy good, too.

_MG_0567
Jane with her clutch ball--I got them from Hannah, who also made my reliculously awesome diaper bag

Here’s to the next 6 months.

9 comments:

Jessa said...

I heart those girls! :)

Unknown said...

What a nice post! It is crazy hard, and totally crazy good at the same time! There is nothing more special than a twin bond.. can't believe they are already 6 months! The next 6 are going to be even more fun!!

the wrath of khandrea said...

that last picture of jane is my favorite. her face is like "WHAAAAT... with the camera already, ma... ENOUGH!"

Jeanne Oliver said...

Beautiful babies and I have never told you how much I love their sweet names!

Emma Jo said...

So freaking adorable and amazing and sweet. Happy half's babies!!

momofbeegees said...

Brittanica. Your babies are adorable!!! I LOVE their eyes. I can't get enough of babies and their curious eyes. It is so fun to get to watch them grow through your blog. Miss you friend!!

AnnieB said...

Here's to you Brittany!! Happy six months.

daisies said...

hi brittany, your babies are so incredibly beautiful ... i came this way by way of jenica and thought i wouldn't be able to read your words, see your babies. i still have such a hard time seeing twins after losing mine in nicu but for some reason though there are tears streaming down my face, it is all good :-) so i just know i am going to love meeting you at squam :-) and now i am off to read the rest of your beautiful words. xox

Unknown said...

This made me cry immediately. It was hard enough leaving the hospital without the babies in the nicu knowing they were doing well. I wept walking in that beeping room for the last time when I had been released from the hospital knowing that I couldn’t bring them home right away. I can’t even fathom your loss.

I’m glad to know that you’ll be coming to squam.

xx