Sunday, March 14, 2010

salt heals wounds

That’s what they say.

so when my world is shattered

and there is no healing in sight

and those big salty

hot tears

roll down my face

I will take comfort

in the thought that my body

is trying to help heal

my splintered soul


sunset on the beach
I just put a bunch of epsom salts into my 5 year old's bath.  She dropped a three pound can of chicken broth right onto the tip of her big toe.  It was the saddest thing.  It effects me physically to even think about it.

She's been fine all week, but now her toenail is bleeding fresh blood and it is sore again.  Like waking-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night sore.

I hope the salt will help get any impurities out of that little-big toe.

ps, my world is not shattered today, it's just the thought that came to me when she asked me why I was putting salt into her bath.  I found it comforting.

2 comments:

Dini said...

Get well soon little one.

Anonymous said...

That picture is amazing! Hope your sweetie's toe is better soon, poor thing.