Sunday, April 4, 2010

an easter post (with a visiting teaching message at the end)

spring: pieris
You either believe it or you don’t. Jesus was the Christ. He was God’s Son. He rose from the dead. If you don’t believe it, then it doesn’t mean jack squat either way. But if you do believe it, then it impacts everything about your life. If you believe it, well then anything is possible. Because if Christ really is the son of God, then there was and is a plan. There was something and somewhere before here, and there is something and somewhere after here. There is hope for all that is good. There is hope that we can progress beyond what we can imagine. There is the possibility of eternity with a perfect resurrected body for each of us.


Today I woke with these words on my tongue:
He is risen! He is risen!
Tell it out with joyful voice.
He has burst his three days’ prison;
Let the whole wide earth rejoice.
Death is conquered; man is free.
Christ has won the victory.
Cecil Frances Alexander

I, for one, believe it. And what a happy message it is!


Speaking of messages, people keep asking me if I’m going to keep doing the Visiting Teaching quotes. Well, I’ll do my best. Here’s one for April.

VT quote april 2010
Feel free to print this off for your Visiting Teaching pleasure.  There is another version of this quote here.

Dear Fellow Visiting Teachers,

This month the message is about seeking and receiving personal revelation. I love this subject! I LOVE that we were loved enough by our Father in Heaven that He would make sure that there was a way that we could receive revelation from Him on an individual basis. I have searched consistently for as long as I can remember for two way communication with God, and I can tell you from experience that it is there; that it works. We can receive individual revelation, all we have to do is ask and listen. It’s one of the greatest blessings we’ve been given. Life is good.

Love,

Brittany

For the April 2010 VT message, go here.

For more information about what Visiting Teaching is, go here.

1 comment:

A-Kap said...

I am the luckiest visiting teachee evah girly-fren!! Thank you for ALL your love, your teachings, your VT brunches and, most of all, your friendship! Life IS good.