Thursday, February 7, 2013

the conciousness of home


Brisk & lovely

Last weekend two of my girlfriends and I went to New York City for a conference.  While we were in the city, we were among a constant throng of people and things made by people.  We were walking on pavement and tile, through hallways of polished marble and rough concrete.  We were walking among artists and engineers, writers and taxi drivers.  We were surrounded by a million energies. 
NYC Public Library

Nature is part of me and I have a hard time if I’m not connected to the earth.  But I could look up through the tunnel of stationary buildings and see the sky, alive with color, clouds sweeping past and leaving me dizzy. 
Bookish girls

The weekend was such an incredible experience for me.  Not only was it inspiring and motivating because I was at a conference with authors and illustrators who are at the top of the game, but I was with two women who are spiritual beacons in my life.  Art and spirituality go together naturally within myself and tend to be done alone.  They can be isolating, but not in a negative way, in a concentrating-on-growth kind of way.  When I am growing spiritually, I am going inward.  I am private with things that are important to me.  Especially when I don’t know if the people around me feel the same as I do.  I’m not looking for approval or debates or proof, I’m searching for personal and universal truths that can be taken on faith.  My prayers are private.  My conversations with God take place Spirit to Spirit.  My answers to prayer are not seen or heard by others, unless I am the one putting them into words.

But this weekend there was constant discussion.  There were prayers spoken aloud and accepted as a group.  The depth of consciousness that was being shared brought a sharp joy that has stayed with me for days.
Goodbye NYC. #nyc #nofilter
As we drove away from the city, the enormity of the skyline became smaller and smaller until the buildings became something tiny, reaching for the glory that cannot be tamed.  All at once I saw that something that had been engulfing me, an entire city, was nothing in comparison with something that was not made by human hands.  All that was left was the inspiration growing and steeping inside my soul and a feeling of gratefulness that someone as insignificant as I can be intertwined with God and Man alike.  Divinity and humanity surround us constantly and we get to call it Home.

11 comments:

Brittany said...

i love this post. that last sentence blew my mind a little bit with its truth. i'm glad you got to have this experience.

calibosmom said...

Very well said!

Kyle said...

Such a wonderful post! That last picture is breathtaking, but what it represents to you is even more so.

rsgoldfast said...


Players will also get a virtual invite to the Blackwell Epiphany launch party, streamed live, that will include a hangout Q&A session with the development team.The Blackwell Epiphany will be the longest game in the series and will see the conclusion of the ongoing story featuring the two protagonists, the living Rosa Blackwell and ghost Joey Mallone.


Cheap RS Gold

Runescape Gold

Alex Warn said...

Combining a healthy diet like Paleo as well as following an exercise regimen will increase the insulin production and help a diabetic lead a better life. Slim X Genie Keto

James said...

Though results will vary from person to person, the impact is usually within the same range - allowing people to lose weight fast. SF180 Keto

Alex Warn said...

As it provides energy to the body, it prevents weakness due to less eating and increase strength in the body. Super Cut Keto

Alex Warn said...

Damage that could make cells mutate and trigger cancer. When you return those fluids to their correct alkalinity (7.4pH), you no longer require the fat for protection. Super Cut Keto Reviews

Alex Warn said...

The very low calorie diet (or VLCD) is given to the patient so that the adipose cells don't get filled up by fat immediately. Primo Boost Keto

Alex Warn said...

So, when you feel that you should lose weight in a natural fashion, it is best that you read on and start following the best weight loss tips available all over the Internet. Enhanced Keto

Alex Warn said...

You need to continue using the product in a stable routine, with minimum interruption. Natura Beaute