Tuesday, August 15, 2006

SPC: enclosed spaces

DSC04433

I will always be happy to be enclosed in the ocean, swimming in the surf.

(Woah. Is that a fish?) (I didn't realize there was a fish swimming around me...maybe it's not a fish.) (well, maybe I wouldn't want to be enclosed in the ocean way out...you know, where there are lots of fish...and sharks...and whales.) (and sometimes it's super cold. then it takes me a little while to get hot enough to get all the way in without a lot of fuss.) (maybe I should restate to: I was really happy swimming on the beach in barbados. I never wanted to get out of the water. it was the perfect temperature and the waves were great, and there was tons of sea glass, and my whole family was with me, and these local ladies sold us some cute jewelry. but this picture wasn't taken in barbados.)

(for more self portraits, click here.)

6 comments:

Tammy Brierly said...

Yikes! That looks like a fish to me :) I love to look at the ocean but too many fishes for me. Great shot even without the fish by your foot.

Georgia said...

NICE! I love the ocean as long as I can still touch the ground or if I can see below me like when snorkeling or something... Otherwise i get freaked out about sharks. Totally irrational fear I know, I mean a shark can still get you if you are in waist deep water... but it makes me feel better!!!

Colorsonmymind said...

This is great.

It has been so long since I have seen beautiful green/blue ocean.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! You're funny!

Kathleen said...

i love this post.
(love how you write.)

beautiful picture! and yes, i think that is a fish! yikes! how cool...

MiandMiksmom said...

Definitely a fish...