Friday, March 9, 2007

Carmel

IMG_1149

Carrie and Wendy are two of my oldest and best friends. I’ve known them since I was 14 years old. We lived together in college. We still love each other, even though we are spread out in different states and none of us are particularly good at keeping in touch. It’s one of those things you don’t worry about. I always know that they love me and accept me whether I’ve done something really stupid or put my foot in my mouth or haven’t called in 6 months.

IMG_1144


We just had our first girlie getaway. I left my little ones with Grammie and drove with my girls down to Carmel. First of all, Carmel is wonderful, and second of all, my parents’ house is perfection, and third of all, my company was easy to love. For the first time in…well, I don’t know how long it’s been, I had no responsibilities, and nothing to do but hang with my girls and relax. We opened the glass door just a crack; it was sunny, but there was still a chill, and we could hear the waves crashing below. We went shopping on Ocean Ave. a couple times and went for a couple walks on the beach. But other than that, we stayed home and talked and read and talked and cooked and talked and drank hot chocolate and talked and laughed and talked and danced and talked and fell in love with Edward and talked…

IMG_1159

IMG_1161

Over the past 10 to 12 years, we have all experienced different things. We all have different strengths and weaknesses. We all have struggled with different trials. Our souls are still connected.

IMG_1165

I almost cried when I locked the doors and got into the car to drive away.

IMG_1129

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm so glad you got to get away from the craziness that is life with small children and just take time for Brittany. You go girl!!

LC

Bob the Frog said...

i love carmel so much. my husband is originally from there. i can almost smell the salty air in your photos!

Carrie Ann said...

You beat me to it, but now it's more motivation for me to get my stupid pictures up and blog about our glorious weekend. I can't stop telling people about it and showing them the photos and video!

Unknown said...

dang it, monkey, I told you to destroy that video after you showed it to todd. I like to pretend I'm not such a dork...

I'm waiting for your pictures--you took many more than I did.

Dini said...

Ahhh...that vacation you took is what I need right about now. I love getting away with just the girls. Good for you! We love Carmel. We went there once and really want to go back.

::Bek Geach:: said...

1. I *love* friends like that because I too am always saying dumb things and well things just come outta my mouth totally not the way I intended - so friends who TOTALLY love you ROCK.

2. And getting to spend a girlie weekend with them is pure BLISS.

Yah for you!
I have one coming up in April - which is also a scrap weekend with Emily Falconbridge etc... FUN. Cant wait. Nice to have these girly weekends to look forward to.

Bx