Saturday, January 17, 2009

Brittany update

Hey everyone! It's Brooke, Brittany's sister. Just thought I would give you an update on my sister.

Brittany reached her 34 week mark yesterday. YEA!!!!! Baby A and Baby B are both between 4.5 and 5 pounds each. Brittany has been on "absolute bed rest" for 7 weeks now, which means she can only get up to go to the bathroom. She visits the hospital every week and has come to hate IV's with a passion :) Brittany has Pregnancy Induced Hypertension. They are watching her closely and are having her take meds for high blood pressure and another med to stop the contractions. They are also treating her for gestational diabetes. She has spent a few nights and days in the hospital but all is well and she is being closely watched.

I will keep you updated when she goes into labor. For now though, she is surrounded by her kids and husband and is in good spirits, despite the constant pain and exhaustion. She is so excited for the babies and for the opportunity to get her body feeling better and on the mend.

Keep her in your prayers please! Thanks.

7 comments:

Paige said...

Thanks for the update. Here's hoping she and babies can last another 2 weeks!

Mikael said...

I can't even imagine, and I was pregnant with twins!! Brittany is a trooper and has done really well. The Lord really wants these babies here and he knows Brittany would fight for them. She is good to put up with all this for them, and it will be so worth it.
I have to say pregnancy with twins was my biggest physical trial ever. When you can't take care of your family, or even stand up long enough to do dishes or give your kids baths, it really hurts inside. It is SOOO hard!
Brittany, (as my dr told me), You are a ROCKSTAR!!!!

Mama Coons said...

Thanks Brooke, Britt is on my mind and in my prayers every day.

Wendy said...

Oh good, thanks for the update Brooke.

Brittany's poor little body!!! I can't wait til she has those babies. I am keeping her in my prayers!

Georgia said...

I agree with Mikael, you are a ROCKSTAR!!!

Sending you many warm thoughts.

xoxo

boho girl said...

love you, brittany...
you're in my thoughts constant.

hugs to you and your awesome family that take such gentle care of you.

xo

Emma Jo said...

I'm so glad to hear the update! We are anxiously waiting to hear good baby news!!