Sunday, September 19, 2010

the dock at squam lake: where I want to be right now

acorns drop

contented
contented.  completely.  taken with iphone

During Squam Art Workshops my good friend (oh, my soul) asked, "What's your stress level right now? Zero to ten?"

Can you guess what I said?

I'll give you a hint: I said zero.

When I grow up I'm going to live on a lake where I can watch the sunrise and sunset on my dock every morning and night.

on the dock - iphone

It is its own meditation.  It exudes peace. So much so that just being there my soul reaps joy and contentment.
sunrise from the dock - iphone

The water drew me in and I had to jump into its lapping hypnotics.  As I floated there, my heartbeat and breathing were magnified and the sounds of self became soothing.  The birds flew in clusters against a canvas of changing clouds above me and I knew I was in the right place.

sunset on the dock - iphone


sunrise squam lake

squam lake from the dock at Wayonda

5 comments:

Jessi said...

Your photographs remind me of a painting I saw in the National Gallery in London. Gorgeous!!

vivienne said...

so beautiful!
i'm totally mesmerized by the patterns on the lake in all of these photos and they are so bringing back really lovely memories!

i hope to get to hang out with you at a squam again some day!

Shannon Gish said...

I want to go too! It looks beautiful. I'm anxious to see the other great things you created there besides a rested soul.

Emma Jo said...

I want to go to there.
Amazing.
(And I love your stripey socks. They make me feel happy.)

Anonymous said...

Precious One,
Thank you for letting me hug the Divine. You are the Presence.
Lots of love x0